Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh my luck!

In August we purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker, a new camera and a new computer.

In September, our coffee maker stopped grinding, started groaning and tried to kill us by literally shooting the carafe across the kitchen. Needless to say, we need a new coffee maker already! And anyone that knows me knows that coffee is one of the most important parts of my day, without it I am simply unable to function. Rory prefers her mommy awake than in a sleepy daze all day.

In September, I dropped my new camera while the lens was open and broke it. It will turn on but immediately turns itself off again because the lens is bent and won't open all the way. Hopefully I can have it repaired because I didn't purchase the extra warranty that cost almost as much as the camera cause I figured if it broke after a year or so I could just get a new one. I didn't expect that I would break it a month later. Go figure!

In September, my new Dell  computer (I know, I should have known better) DIED! At first it would just randomly turn off but within a day or two it stopped turning back on after it turned itself off. So after about 4 hours on the phone with Dell, over the course of three days, they decided that it would be best to send a technician to fix my computer. Great right! Well I then get a call back from Dell saying that it would be at least 5 - 7 days before a technician could come. What the *!#@*&*!!!!!!! I work from home, how the *$#@ am I supposed to do that without a computer!?! So after I freaked they said that they could try to expedite my repair. It still took 6 days.

In September, I had myself a little meltdown cause nothing was working for me. But this was not spread throughout the entire month, that would have made it all a little less troublesome, no this all happened last week. The coffee maker started having problems earlier in the month but didn't try to actually kill me until last week.

For those of you who think I've completely disappeared from the face of this earth, I have not and you now know why I have not been so present. Don't worry, I have not forgotten about the posts, giveaway included, that I have promised. They are all coming! Please excuse the less than acceptable pictures since I had to dig out our old camera in order to take them.

Below is a completely unrelated picture but I have a hard time posting without a picture, its just not right. Enjoy this little bit of cuteness and have youself a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Modred Vintage said...

I'm so sorry that happened. I know this is going to make me sound old, but items just don't last like they used too. We had to replace our tv in less than 5 yrs., while the tv my parents had while I was growing up lasted for years. They still have an old black and white that worked in storage somewhere.
I hope it gets better, cute picture. :)

Kit Chase said...

Love the moustache! How adorably cute is that?
I think there's something in the air that's killing computers. Mine's been crashing every five minutes and losing all my illustration files. GRRR.

Here's wishing you a much better October! :)

QueenGinya said...

girl, I am feeling your pain! My coffee maker took a dive this morning and my headach kept me from even thinking! I ended up pouring hot water thru the grounds on top of my cup...(the things we have to do!) Awsomely cute pic...it made my day!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW...i am so loving this photo ....the stash is so perfect with the expression! what timing! great photo!

ciao bella

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Blogger said...

Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.

Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS