Friday, December 4, 2009

the countdown begins

Just a few days ago I found out that my little girl is in a breech position and is not expected to do any flips before her due date. Therefore, I am fortunate enough (sarcasim!) to have been scheduled for a c-section on Dec. 21st. Though I am absolutely thrilled to meet my baby, I am not as thrilled to be cut open and put back together. Anyway, since I found out, I have gone into hyper mode cleaning, decorating for Christmas, rearranging furniture that probably doesn't need to be rearranged and frantically making baby things and items to sell in my etsy shop. You can check them out at http://www.jndesigns.etsy.com/.



I still have a quilt to finish for my shop and some Christmas presents to make for the baby. Today I attempted to make a stocking for baby girl and realized quickly that it wasn't going to be as easy as I originally thought. The goal was to use only materials that I have already and four hours later, I came up with this:


Since I didn't have a Christmasy fabric, I went for Christmasy colors...it's really all I had to work with. It didn't quite come out as I had hoped but it's one thing that I can check off my list of things to do before baby is born.

I have a few more things to finalize and then I will post pictures of the baby's nursery. I have 16 days to get it all done...I wonder how many things will be left unfinished?

No comments: