Sunday, June 27, 2010

diy


I  love to sew which means I always have huge piles made up of many tiny little scraps of fabric lying about. I am always trying to come up with ways to use them so they aren't wasted (some are really pretty, which is why I keep them in the first place). I was totally inspired by a fabric wreath I found the other day, see this post, and thought that it would be a fun project to use some of my scraps on. It was soo easy, you can do it too!

You will need:

scissors
wire wreath frame thingy
fabric scraps cut into strips


1. Cut fabric into strips about 1 1/2" wide and as long as you prefer (I did three different lengths).

Having a cute baby around always helps to make any project more fun.

2. Remove scraps from baby's head and tie in knots around the wire.

3. Continue all the way around on each ring and you now have a lovely scrap wreath!

Good job!!!


On another note, I'll be having surgery tomorrow so I may go missing for a few more days. I hope to be back by mid-week with some fun posts to share with you. Wish me luck!!!!




4 comments:

Jill said...

very cute, I ould see this on the front door of any cottage.
Just lovely!
Jill

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Yes, cute wreath! Not fun about the surgery. Sending well wishes your way!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Good luck with your surgery!

Erin Neiner said...

This wreath turned out so pretty. The colors are so refreshing! :) Praying for you as you go through surgery! :( Get taken good care of!!!!