Friday, July 31, 2009

Got Scraps? no sewing required


I am always looking for things to do with the mounds of fabric scraps that I keep. And since I recently came to need some drawer sachets, I thought that I would try my hand at making them.


I happened to have a bag of locally grown lavender on hand that I've been waiting for the right project to use, and some ribbon scraps as well. With all the ingredients ready, it only takes 5 easy steps to create a fun little sachet.

  1. lay out small rectangles and squares of fabric scraps


  2. pour little heaps of lavender in the center of each scrap


  3. bunch the fabric up around the lavender


  4. tie a ribbon in a knot around the center of the fabric (right above the lavender), then tie another knot to prevent spills


  5. and finally, tie a pretty bow and you are done!

I was surprised at how quick this project is and it uses up some of the beautiful little scraps you saved from your projects of past.

No comments: