Monday, May 3, 2010

Yes...29.

This past Saturday I celebrated my 29th birthday...yes, I said 29. And what did I do, well...nothing! And that is exactly what I wanted to do. We were going to go to a parade and a fair and shop and do several other things but the night before I decided that all I really wanted to do was relax, sleep in (which I did get to do for the first time in 4 months!) and spend my day with my family. After all, it is my first b-day as a mommy and my first with a family.

TJ got up with Rory, made me breakfast when I got up and gave me a totally cool new hobby as a gift. My new hobby...metal stamping! He got me a kit and all the fixings to create my own metal stamped jewelry. I'm totally hooked! Can't wait to get some things in my shop!

Rory let me sleep in, gave me big smiles and cuddles all day long, was really good about the car ride to get latte's and burritos (yes they do go together!) and the extra 1/2 hour when we got lost trying to take a back road home and she also gave me a card and bouquet of tulips. It was all quite lovely and the best gift of all was having her here to celebrate with me.

I did get a few pics but didn't have time to download them since I spent my weekend relaxing instead of taking care of, well, life. So that is what I've been up to all day cleaning and organizing. If I do get the chance I will post some pics later this week!

No comments: